Thursday, March 22, 2012

princesses and suckerpunches

i had lunch with a sweet little princess today. it was her birthday. she didn't know i was coming and she was SO HAPPY to see me. she wanted me to stay longer than i could and she didn't want to let go of me. it was - hands down - my favorite thing that happened today.

then came the suckerpunch. it was a one-two kinda punch. the one being me and the two being you. unintentional? completely. painful? yes. sorry felt like trying to put a fingertip band-aid on a broken elbow. you forgave me and showed me so much grace. but i couldn't receive it. and it still smarts. where i punched us. and i'm still sorry. but sometime, i need to believe what you've given me because there's no going back. only forward. and you know my heart better than anyone. and you trust it. so there.

i'm meeting another princess tomorrow. she knows i'm coming and she's already SO HAPPY to see me. she'll want me to stay as long as i can and she won't let go of me. it will be - hands down - my favorite thing that happens tomorrow. but i wish it were happening today.

No comments: