Friday, December 30, 2011

bragging on my dad

i've been a daddy's girl pretty much my whole life. he's amazing. and he loves me all the time. he is a loving husband and father. a man of integrity and influence. MY DAD. today was his last day of a 40-year career with the government. a couple weeks ago, he was honored with a distinguished service award in washington d.c. MY DAD. the executive director of the Federal Highways Administration wrote an incredible letter honoring my dad's "40 years of exceptional Federal service." did i mention it will take 2 people to do the job my dad was doing before he retired? yes two. MY DAD. we threw him a surprise party last night and he was so honored. i love that. he has never been prideful or arrogant. he has always done his best and worked with honor and integrity. he was surprised that so many people would come to honor him, but i am so glad they did. he deserves it. and now, MY DAD, deserves a little vacation. i hugged him goodbye and told him how much i loved him and how proud i was. what a legacy he has left. and you know what he said? well punkin', i love you and i'm so proud of you too. yep. that's my dad. :)

No comments: